Community & Sustainability
Blend 111 is committed to positively impacting our community and developed several programs that we implement throughout the year.
First, we work to have a minimal footprint on our environment. We do this through concrete actions like:
- Targeting 95% of our food, wine, and other beverages from organic, biodynamic and sustainable producers
- Sourcing local food providers within 200 miles of Vienna, and in the case of our wines and green coffee, investing in carbon offsets for the transportation
- Providing 100% our electric power through renewable energy with offsets
- Refusing to use any disposable plastics, including straws
- Utilizing sugarcane "to-go" cups and 100% compostable containers
- Investing in a commercial composting program for all kitchen food waste
- Purchasing renewable or recycled products when available and/or working with vendors that take concrete steps to minimize their environmental footprint
- Investing in carbon-offsets for the transportation costs related to the transportation of our coffee and wine
Second, we support a number of 501(c)(3) organizations committed to improving the environment, food security, health and well-being of our local and global community. Every month, we support a different organization and contribute a percentage of our monthly revenue directly to the target organization of the month. Our partnerships for 2019 - 2020 include:
Third, we are dedicated to positively impacting labor-markets. We have no "minimum wage" jobs at Blend 111 and are committed to providing all of our staff a living wage. We also offer our staff health benefits, paid time off and sick leave in an effort to disrupt a restaurant industry that places profits ahead of employees. With our farmers, we also are seeking to expand partnerships where we can promote their business through direct trade practices and the elimination of non-value-add intermediaries and certification organizations.
Please visit Blend 111 for more details on our programs.